Does your Council promote the use of compostable caddy liners in your organics collection service?Are you struggling to justify the cost, the logistics and the administration?
One of the biggest challenges with food and garden organics collection services can be convincing householders to sort their food waste from other waste and not use plastic bags in the process.
The issue with this strategy can be the difficulty of distributing compostable bags to those that want to use them and of course the on going costs. Smartweigh has developed an innovative new system to address these issues; a specialised vending machine that is capable of distributing rolls of 8 litre compostable eco bags to the householder at convenient locations such as local shopping centres and Council facilities. Smartweigh is the only company providing this service in Australia.
Eco bag vending machines are located in local shopping centres and Council facilities that are easily accessible to the local community. The benefits from the Smartweigh system include:
- Options allow Council to be involved as little or as much as they like
- Compostable eco bags will not be wasted, they will only go to those wanting to use them
- Council can recover the cost of suppling eco bags while keeping the cost to householders to around 50% of the normal retail price.
- Eco bags can increase food waste diversion by 30%
- Eco bags will be readily available from convenient locations
- Eco bags can be customised with Council logo’s and branding
- Council can concentrate on its core business
To find out more, Contact Ecovend on 0422 768 611 or email email@example.com